Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Run-up to the Korat Sea Games


NAtional Sprinter G.Shanthi finish in 100M Jakarta SEA Games.

National Weight Lifter Rozdimand Harun

Goh Yi We in action

This was my second posting and I am sorry I have not update my blog as I was busy preparing for Deepavali. As I was assigned to cover Korat SEA Games in Thailand next month together with Glenn Guan, perhaps it was wise to post some of my pictures taken in the last Sea Games.

The 24th SEA games will be held in Korat Thailand, December 6 -15, 2007 at three
different venues. And the centre of action will be in Korat, the third largest city in Thailand. Bangkok and Pattaya will also play hosts.

The 1030 strong contingent is the biggest include 748 athletes who will compete in 41 of the 43 sports in the programme.

With more events staged this time, the atheletes are expected to rake in a better medal haul than they did in Manila two years ago. Then Malaysia won 61 gold medals and it was the best ever performance in a foreign country. This time there are 485 gold medals at stake. And I wonder how many gold medals that our players can get this time.

Happy Deepavali to my Indian friends!

Official Website : Korat SEA Games2007

SEA Games Updates:

# Women hold key to golden harvest in Korat

# Lee Wei boost for paddlers but silver chase remains tough

# M'sians protest, football fixture fixed

No comments: