Friday, May 9, 2008

Can Lewis Hamilton win in Turkish Grand Prix ?




StarSports

LEWIS Hamilton admitted on Thursday that he misses the feeling of winning races and intends to return to the top of the podium by triumphing in tomorrow's Turkish Grand Prix.

The 23-year-old Briton said he hopes to end Ferrari's run of success with a McLaren win at the Istanbul Park circuit.

“Obviously, this weekend I want to score a load of points, but more than anything else I want to win,” he said. “I miss that feeling, I miss winning. So that is my plan. Simple as that.”

Hamilton won the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, but has since been unable to stop the Ferrari steamroller from taking charge with three successive victories including two one-two finishes.

“I never approach a race thinking I am the favourite,” said Hamilton, when it was pointed out to him that Ferrari have won the last two Turkish Grands Prix.

“That doesn't make any difference. Felipe has won here the last two years, but we are here to put an end to that I guess. It is the same every weekend. – AFP

No comments: